Personal data which may be collected by the Mapp DMP
Mapp's DMP collects a variety of personal information such as:
- current date/time
- user location
- IP address
- operating system
Mapp's DMP may track the following interactions on a webpage:
- time on page
- links clicked
- whether ads were viewed, closed or hovered over
- whether messages were read or forwarded
For more information please the full list of data that Mapp's DMP collects. Note that this does not include custom data that a Marketer may choose to collect and store in Mapp's DMP.
How & why the Mapp DMP collects personal data
DMP tracking pixels are used to track the information specified above when someone visits a webpage. There are 3 different ways to implement tracking: using on-site pixels, impression pixels, or click tracking pixels. More information can be found on the Pixel Tracking Implementation page. The data collected is used for analysis to determine trends and deliver appropriate ads or emails to targeted contacts.
How to handle GDPR consent as Marketer using the Mapp DMP
1. Make sure to inform your users of the data which may be collected, and get their consent before collecting any data. To accomplish this, you can use verbiage which is similar to the text below.
By clicking the 'Accept' button, you agree to have the following data [see list of collected fields above] sent to a 3rd party for ad targeting purposes.
If you would like a copy of your personal data which is used for ad targeting, please contact us at email@example.com. If you would like to anonymize your personal data which is used for ad targeting, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. If your users want a copy of their PII data, please collect their request and go here to use the Mapp DMP GDPR tool. The GDPR tool can be found from the settings page.
3. If your users want to anonymize their PII data, please collect their request and go here to use the Mapp DMP GDPR tool. The GDPR tool can be found from the settings page.